The Wallingford Public Library is offering a new Park ‘n Pickup service for materials in our collection. Due to high demand and the need to quarantine all library materials for 72 hours, we will not be scheduling same-day pickups. We thank you for your patience as we move forward with this process.
- All pickups must be scheduled.
- There will be no face-to-face interaction between borrowers and library staff.
- Library staff must follow social distancing rules while in the library, thus limiting the number of Park ‘n Pickup time slots.
- Requests may be placed by phone or online catalog
- Park ‘n Pickup requests will only be taken for Wallingford residents and for items found in the Wallingford Public Library.
- At this time, we are only allowing Park ‘n Pickup of items that can be returned to the library’s drop box.
Scheduling & Pickup Times
You may request materials in 2 ways:
- By phone at (203)265-6754
- Through the online catalog
Once your items have been retrieved from the shelves, you will be able to schedule a pickup appointment by calling the library.
Available pickup times are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
NOTE: If you are not feeling well, please do not come to the library to pick up your holds. Contact us at (203)265-6754 to reschedule.
These procedures must be followed when picking up your materials:
- When you arrive, remain in your car until you can see that no other people are picking up their materials.
- Pick up your items and return to your car or move away from the building. Do not go through your items at the table.
- There is to be no loitering or congregating in the back of the library or in the library’s parking lot.
- Please call us at (203)265-6754 if you have any questions about your pickup.
The library’s drop boxes will be open and available to return items. Similar procedures apply:
- Stay in your car or stand with proper social distancing and do not approach the drop boxes if another person is returning items.
- Place items inside the drop boxes and move away as quickly as possible.
- Please do not leave items that you are returning on the Park ‘n Pickup tables.
All returned library materials will be quarantined for 72 hours prior to being checked in to ensure that there are no contagions on them.
If you miss your scheduled pick up time, we will remove those items from the Park ‘n Pickup area and call you to reschedule your appointment.
If you no longer want the items you requested, please contact us at (203)265-6754 to let us know.