The seed library is all about. . .
- Encouraging our community to dig in and garden
- Reconnecting our community to the traditions of growing tasty, healthy food
- Educating our community about growing, harvesting and saving seeds
- Nurturing a culture of sharing, learning and abundance
Step 1: Choosing Seeds
Visit the library in person and search our seed cabinet by the Collaboratory entrance. The seed collection was created with donations and with ongoing success will have a continual variety of seed choices. There will be different seeds available at different times.
All of the seeds are grouped into herbs, flowers or vegetables. The seed packets are stored in a refurbished card catalog.
Step 2: Borrowing Seeds
To ensure a plentiful supply for the whole community, please take only as much as you will use in a month. At present there is no sign out log.
This seed library was created as a BSA Scouts Eagle Scout Project. The following donors generously contributed to make this project a success:
- Pettison Woodworking
- Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
- Burpee Seeds
- Chas C. Hart Seed Co
- Hudson Valley Seed Company
- Johnny Select Seeds
- Lavoie Horticulture
- New England Seed Company