The seed library is all about. . .
- Encouraging our community to dig in and garden
- Reconnecting our community to the traditions of growing tasty, healthy food
- Educating our community about growing, harvesting and saving seeds
- Nurturing a culture of sharing, learning and abundance
Step 1: Choosing Seeds
Visit the library in person and search our Seed Library by the Collaboratory entrance or our Mini Seed Library on the tables by our rear entrance. The seed collection was created with donations and with ongoing success will have a continual variety of seed choices. There will be different seeds available at different times.
All of the seeds are grouped into herbs, flowers or vegetables.
Step 2: Borrowing Seeds
To ensure a plentiful supply for the whole community, please take a maximum of 10 packets, with a maximum of 1 per type, from the Seed Library or a maximum of 5 packets, with a maximum of 1 per type, from the Mini Seed Library.
This seed library was created as a BSA Scouts Eagle Scout Project. The following donors generously contributed to make this project a success:
- Pettison Woodworking
- Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
- Burpee Seeds
- Chas C. Hart Seed Co
- Hudson Valley Seed Company
- Johnny Select Seeds
- Lavoie Horticulture
- New England Seed Company