You are hereAbout / Employment
The Wallingford Public Library seeks a part-time custodian to join its team effective October 11, 2016.
Performs general cleaning and maintenance duties in maintaining library building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Reports to the Head Custodian and also receives general direction from the Director and Assistant Director.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, walls, glass, restrooms, staff break room, and stairways.
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, and buff floors.
- Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Empties indoor and outdoor wastebaskets.
- Removes trash to the dumpster.
- Replenishes restroom supplies.
- Sets up and takes down chairs, tables, and equipment in meeting rooms.
- Cuts grass, weeds planters and beds, waters grass, rakes and removes leaves.
- Keeps parking lot and walkways clear of litter and debris.
- Clears snow from entrances and walkways, applies ice melt to icy pavement and walkways.
- The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to relate to staff and patrons in a mature, courteous manner and to understand the Library's mission and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to acquire job skills with three weeks of on-the-job training.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 20-40 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Ability to follow all applicable safety rules and procedures.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Monday-Friday, 6 – 9 a.m. Occasional weekend and evenings hours may be required.
Apply in person or send resume and contact information for two references to Jane Fisher (email@example.com), Director, Wallingford Public Library, 200 North Main Street, Wallingford, CT 06492.