You are hereHome / Wallingford Public Library's blog
Wallingford Public Library's blog
The Library's system upgrade has been pushed back a week. As a result, we will be open regular hours on Tuesday, November 27th. Instead, we will open at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 4th. We apologize for any confusion.
Wednesday, November 28 at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Room
Join David Sims for an engaging introduction to the enormous wealth of wonderful classical music from countries south of the U.S. border. Featured compositions and composers include, but are not limited to:
- Evencio Castellanos: Santa Cruz de Pacairigua
- Ernesto Cavour: Subida for Charango and Guitar
- Astor Piazolla: Tangos
- Camargo Guarnieri: Estudos for Solo Piano
Please register online or by phone at (203)265-6754.
Monday, November 19th at 7:00 p.m. at Choate Rosemary Hall
Dress warmly and meet at the parking lot on Rosemary Lane off of Christian Street across the street from the track. We will escort you to the observatory where Choate Rosemary Hall science teacher Doug Wolff will show you the wonders of the November night sky.
Monday, November 26th at 11:30 a.m. in the Community Room
Join us for a complimentary lunch and a presentation on the aging eye by Dr. Robert Block, Ophthalmologist at Masonicare Health Center. As we age, often our vision is not what it once was. You will learn about dry eye, cataracts, and macular degeneration. Dr. Block encourages questions about your vision concerns. Please register online or by phone at (203)265-6754.
The WWE Wrestlemania Reading Challenge is open to all students in grades 5-12. The grand prize is a pair of tickets to Wrestlemania XXIX in New Jersey! You now have until December 1st to submit your entry.
- Write a letter to your favorite WWE superstar that convinces them to read a book of your choice.
- Download a Competitive Project Form or pick one up at the Library. Fill out the form. Your letter must be written or typed on the back, or it may be attached to the form.
- Hand your completed Competitive Project Form and letter in to the Wallingford Library Information Desk by Saturday, December 1st.
Saturday, November 17th at 1:30 p.m. in the Community Room
Learn a bit about the birds that migrate through Wallingford, see this award-winning film, join us in installing two winter feeding stations alongside our very successful butterfly garden, and bring home the makings for a birdfeeder of your own. This program is sponsored by Wallingford's Environmental Literacy Initiative.