You are hereAbout the Library
About the Library
A Great Public Library . . .
- Nurtures love of reading, encourages life long learning and freedom of thought, and provides for the development of a literate, educated and informed citizenry.
- Fosters a strong sense of community identity, spirit and pride through its collections, programs, facilities and other services.
- Provides each individual with tools and opportunities for recreation and cultural and intellectual growth.
The mission of the Wallingford Public Library is to acquire, organize, make available, and facilitate the use of books and other resources for the educational, informational, recreational, and inspirational needs of the entire Wallingford community. The Library will provide service in a pleasant, accessible, well-equipped facility and utilize current technology to offer convenient access to resources from remote locations. The library will provide all service with the assistance of a knowledgeable, professional and helpful staff.
- Provide exemplary public library services for children and adults in a climate of increasing demand and unpredictable funding.
- Develop new initiatives in high priority areas: children’s services, information services, popular materials and support for literacy.
- Increase community awareness of Library services.
- Develop and enhance the library’s role as a community center for cultural and civic interaction and discourse.
- Set an example for environmental awareness and responsibility in the community.
View our 2009-2012 Long Range Plan.